Welcome to the Sandpoint City Clerk's page

Please scroll down to see all of the information and services provided by the Sandpoint City Clerk's office, including public records requests, business licensing, alcohol licensing, public assembly permits, City employment opportunities, and more.  Please don't hesitate to email or call if you have any questions.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan


In October 2011, Sandpoint City Council adopted the City of Sandpoint ADA Transition Plan.  In August 2014, the City updated the Plan.  Please click here to view the current Plan.

(Please note that this is a large file and may take several minutes to open.)


Notice under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)


In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the City of Sandpoint will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs or activities.


Aviso Bajo la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades


Conformidad con los requisitos del título II de los americanos con Disabilities Act (ADA) y la sección 504 del Acta de rehabilitación, la ciudad de Sandpoint no discriminará contra individuos calificados con discapacidades sobre la base de discapacidad en sus servicios, programas o actividades.


Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan


This Limited English Proficiency Plan has been prepared to address the City of Sandpoint’s responsibilities as a recipient of federal financial assistance as they relate to the needs of individuals with limited English language skills.  The plan has been prepared in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C.2000d, et seq, and its implementing regulations, which state that no person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin.

Click here for a copy of the City's Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.

Click here for the Discrimination Complaint Form.

Alcohol Beverage License

A Sandpoint Retail Alcohol Beverage License is required to sell wine, beer and/or liquor within city limits.  To obtain a Sandpoint Alcohol Beverage License, you must first obtain your State and County licenses, which must be presented to the City when applying for the City license.

Click here for the City of Sandpoint Alcoholic Beverage License Application(This is a fillable form.  You may type directly in the form, then print, or you may print the blank form and fill it out in pen.  Bring your completed application to the City Clerk's Office.)

The same form is used whether applying for the first time or renewing your license.

Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit

An alcohol beverage catering permit authorizes alcohol licensees to serve and sell liquor by the drink, beer and/or wine at a party, reception, convention, or other special event for up to three consecutive days.  If you possess an alcohol license and need to apply for an alcohol catering permit, please call the City Clerk's office 263-3317 or click here to e-mail.

Business License

Click here to go to the Business Information page.

Before starting a business in Sandpoint, it is highly recommended that you contact the City Planning Department to check zoning regulations in the area where your business will be located.  You can reach the Planning Dept. at 263-3370.

Elections / Voting

Pursuant to the new statewide election consolidation law (see Idaho Code § 50-403), the Bonner County Clerk is the Chief Election Official for all elections in Bonner County, including elections for City offices.  Click here to visit Bonner County's Election website or call the Bonner County Elections Office at 255-3631.

For information on voter registration, polling locations, and statewide elections, please visit the Idaho Votes web site.



Click here for 2013 City election results.


Click here for 2011 City election results.


Click here for 2009 City election results.

If you have any questions, please e-mail City Clerk Maree Peck or call 263-3310.

Parade / Public Assembly Permit

A permit is required for a parade or for public assembly defined by City Code Title 6, Chapter 6.  Click here for the application form.

Pawnbroker's License

You must obtain a Pawnbroker's License to own, operate or maintain a pawnbroker's business within the boundaries of the City.  Click here for the license application.

Peddler / Solicitor Registration

If you are in city limits and are soliciting door-to-door or renting space for a temporary sales event, you must register as a Peddler, Solicitor, or Transient Merchant.  Click here for the registration application.

Please note that each peddler/solicitor must register individually.  In addition, the company employing the solicitor must be licensed as a business with the City of Sandpoint.  Please see "Business License", above, or click here to go to the Business Information page.

Personnel / Human Resources

The City Clerk acts as the City's Personnel Director.  Please click here to see the City's current employment opportunities.

Please note that employment applications are accepted only in conjunction with a job opening, and a new application is required with each opening; we do not keep them on file.

Public Records Requests

The City Clerk is the official records custodian for the City of Sandpoint.  Click here for the Public Records Request form.  (This is a fillable form.  You may type directly in the form, then print, or you may print the blank form and fill it out in pen.  Please sign the form and submit it to the Sandpoint City Clerk; address provided at the bottom of the form.)

For police reports, please contact the Police Department.

Resort City Tax / Municipal Non-Property Tax Permit


The City of Sandpoint collects a 5% tax on all short-term occupancy charges for stays of 30 or fewer days in hotel rooms, motel rooms, and vacation rentals located within Sandpoint city limits.  Click here to review Ordinance No. 1184 for definitions and additional information.  This tax is also known as the Hotel-Motel Occupancy Tax or Municipal Non-Property Tax and is currently the only local option sales tax assessed by the City of Sandpoint.


Click here for the Tax Permit Application.

Taxi Cab and Taxi Driver Licensing


If you are operating a vehicle (motor or human-powered) for the purpose of transporting persons for hire, both you and your vehicle must be licensed with the City.


Click here for the taxicab application, to be completed by the taxicab motor vehicle owner.

Click here for the taxicab driver application for taxicab motor vehicle drivers.


Click here for the pedicab license application, to be completed by the pedicab owner.

Click here for the pedicab driver application for those who operate pedicabs.

The City of Sandpoint and USDA are equal opportunity providers and employers. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html or at any USDA office or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail to U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, DC, 20250-9410, by fax to (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Home | History | Business | City Code | Contact Us | Departments
Meeting Agendas/Minutes | Committees | Jobs | Links | Mayor | Council | Bid Opportunities

© Copyright CityofSandpoint.com All Rights Reserved Site by, Sandpoint.com